Tips for Tenants to Stay Cool and Save Energy
Creekbend Property Management’s top priority is to protect our investor’s rental properties; keeping HVAC systems maintained and running smoothly is one of the services we provide!
Here are some simple tips to help our tenants to save energy and keep cool at the same time.
- Close your blinds during the day while the sun is shining bright. Closing the blinds with help keep the sunlight out and your home shaded and cooler. Use venetian blinds to help reflect the light out or white backed curtains.
- If you have ceiling fans, use them! Keep stagnant air moving, it feels cooler and increases the level of comfort for occupants. Fans use much less electricity than air conditioning units.
- Turn off electronics! Computers, TVs, etc… Electronics generate quite a bit of heat when sitting idle or even when turned off. Plug electronics in to a surge protector to switch on and off.
- Avoid using the oven! Try using the microwave or an outside grill. If you need to use the oven, it may be better to do it the early morning or later at night when it’s cooler.
- Replace all incandescent light bulbs and halogen bulbs Why? Because they emit a lot of heat when in use. Replace standard bulbs with high-efficiency, low-heat CFL’s or LED’s, which use a quarter of the energy and last a lot longer!
- Take short, cool showers, which are refreshing in the hot summer. Run the bathroom exhaust fan when showering or bathing, and keep running 20 minutes afterward, to remove excess heat and humidity.
- Keep HVAC’s Running Smoothly in the Dog Days of Summer! Make sure your air filters are replaced EVERY month. Many furnace manufacturers recommend that you use a low-cost fiberglass filter because high-efficiency filters may actually slow airflow across the heat exchanger, reducing the unit’s efficiency, raising your energy bills, and causing furnace damage due to overheating.
By following these tips provided by Creekbend Property Management our tenants can enjoy the summer season in beautiful South Carolina and avoid costly HVAC repairs for their landlords. Please remember to keep hydrated!
Creekbend Property Management is located in Charleston, SC specializing in rental properties in downtown Charleston, James Island, Isle of Palm, Johns Island, Kiawah, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, and West Ashley. We are licensed and insured, providing leasing services, management services, maintenance, and most importantly; giving our property investors peace of mind!