Your home is the hub of your life whether it’s filled with loved ones, family belongings or heirlooms. Keeping your home protected should take top priority. Equipping your home with extinguishers and smoke detectors is the first line of defense to help protect you and your loved ones. During a fire, early warning from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives.
Protect your home with these important home fire safety tips provided Creekbend Property Management:
Install Smoke Detectors According to the National Fire Protection Association, almost three out of every five home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries
Have a Fire Escape Plan
- Talk with all family members, roommates, et al, about fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year
- If a fire occurs in your home, grab your children and pets, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP. Never go back inside for anything.
Have Fire Extinguishers on Hand
- A fire extinguisher should be readily available in the kitchen as well as in the garage, the two places where fires are most likely to start.
- Every home needs at least one fire extinguisher, and most should have at least two or three. The number of fire extinguishers that you should have in your home depends on a couple of things: the size of your home and if your home is a multi-level home or not.
With these few steps provided by Creekbend Property Management company you can keep your home protected and your loved ones safe!
Creekbend Property Management, a Charleston rental property management company, is located in Charleston, SC specializing in rental properties in downtown Charleston, James Island, Isle of Palm, Johns Island, Kiawah, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, and West Ashley. We are licensed and insured, providing leasing services, management services, maintenance, and most importantly; giving our property investors peace of mind!