Creekbend Property Management knows that one of the biggest decisions you’ll make as an owner or investor is whether you should hire a rental property management company. Many owners/investors manage properties on their own or with the help of an employee, such as a resident manager. But sometimes owners need more help, and that’s when looking for a property management company makes sense.
Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider hiring Creekbend Property Management, a full-service rental property management company serving Charleston and surrounding communities in Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley Counties:
- Market Appraisal: We will be able to give an independent assessment of the correct rent for a rental property; avoiding lost income through a high vacancy rate.
- Tenant Selection: We have access to background information tools to screen for credit and criminal history.
- Marketing: Internet marketing is becoming more important in the rental market. We quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website, and hundreds of other listing sites.
- Viewing the property: Showing prospective tenants properties takes time because people generally want to view the property during after work hours in the evenings or weekends. Owners/investors are more restricted in their time and therefore may not be able to find the best tenant for the property in the fastest time.
- Leases: Having the tenant complete and sign their contacts of agreement is very important as it protects owners and investors. We provide a clearly written contract and go over the responsibilities of the tenant at the time of lease signing. Some investors overlook this key part of renting a property with the result that problems are created between the tenant and owner.
- Termination of lease: Problems can often arise when the tenant wants to terminate the contract i.e. lack of notice or failure to leave the property in the same condition it was first leased. We will ensure that the contract is properly terminated and that a new tenant can be sourced quickly to reduce vacancy rates.
- Tenant Retention: One of the most common reasons why good tenants leave a rental property is that the landlord does not provide a high level of service i.e. it may takes weeks to fix an air conditioner because the landlord is too busy with personal issues. By employing our services as property manager, landlords can be assured that all of their tenant’s requirements are dealt with promptly and this will in turn reduce vacancy rates.
- Maintenance Issues: We conduct regular property inspections to ensure the investment property is properly maintained and take action if it is not. Maintaining the value of the asset should be a key consideration for investors.
- Legal Issues: Because of the growing trend towards litigation, people who privately lease their properties can open themselves to litigation if they fail to discharge their legal responsibilities in relation to the investment property i.e. repairing issues in the investment property that could cause personal injury. Creekbend Property Management is fully briefed on these legal responsibilities and this offers additional peace of mind for the investor.
- Professional relationship: Investors who manage their investment properties tend to develop friendships with their tenant which means that problems can arise when the tenant fails to pay their rent or maintain the property. By using our services the tenant-landlord relationship is kept on a business footing which will be financially beneficial for the investor.
Creekbend Property Management deals directly with owners and tenants, saving you time and worry over marketing your rentals, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair issues, responding to tenant complaints, and even pursuing evictions. Plus, Creekbend Property Management brings its know-how and experience to your property, giving you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your investment is in good hands.
Creekbend Property Management is located in Charleston, SC specializing in rental properties in downtown Charleston, James Island, Isle of Palms, Johns Island, Kiawah, Mt. Pleasant, Summerville, Goose Creek, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, and West Ashley. We are licensed and insured, providing leasing services, management services, maintenance, and most importantly; giving our property investors peace of mind!